Katheryn Elizabeth Hudson, better known by her stage name, Katy Perry, (born on October 25, 1984) is an American pop singer-songwriter and actress who had been one of Taylor Swift's friends. Perry had mentioned it during interviews, and they used to be seen hanging in public. They are now rumored to be feuding.
In addition to being a friend of Taylor's, Perry has achieved success herself with three platinum-selling albums, 2008's One of the Boys, 2010's Teenage Dream, and 2013's Prism. Her numerous hits include "I Kissed A Girl", "California Gurls", "Part of Me", "Wide Awake", and "Roar".
Perry, who was previously married to British comedian and actor Russell Brand, had been an on-off relationship with one of Taylor's ex-boyfriends, singer-songwriter John Mayer, which has attracted tabloid headlines. They even did a song together called "Who You Love" for his 2013 album, Paradise Valley. She has also dated DJ/producer Thomas "Diplo" Pentz, who has worked with artists such as M.I.A. and Usher. Diplo once tweeted a nasty comment about Taylor that caused her friend, singer Lorde, to come to her defense on Twitter.
Perry is now dating actor Orlando Bloom.
- According to this Taylor and Katy are 11th cousins
- Taylor's song, Bad Blood, is rumored to be about Katy
- It was rumored that Katy would throw shade at Taylor during her Super Bowl halftime performance in 2015, but however she did not unless her dancers dressed in Taylor's signature vintage bikini were Katy's way at getting back at Taylor.
- According to one report, Katy accused Taylor of trying too hard in her "Bad Blood" music video and called the video itself "desperate".
- Gallery - A gallery of photos featuring Katy Perry.